Best Portable Induction Cooktops Reviews – That Make Cooking is No More Boring
Induction Cooktop (Portable) is a very new and trending technological advancement in kitchens these days. These Cooktops are very convenient and useful for the daily and quick cooking requirements at our homes. For those of you who are still unaware of what an Induction Cooktop is, here we are to enlighten you. An induction cooktop is a cooktop that gives you all the functions of a stove top just that it is way simpler and more convenient for use.
Best Kitchen Accessories Reviews:
Here we will guide you through the buying process of the best induction cooktop for your kitchen counter that is sure to cut down on the effort that you have to put in there every day.
Working Principle of an Induction Cooktop
Some of you might be wondering as to how an Induction Cooktop any different from the normal Cooktops we use at home. The difference lies in the heating mechanism of these cooktops. Unlike the conventional Cooktops that make use of the conduction of thermal heat and radiation, the Induction Cooktops makes use of magnetic induction.
The alternating current from the electric source builds up a magnetic field on the cooktop, and this creates a magnetic flux. This magnetic flux is responsible for the heating up of the cooktop, and then the cooktop conducts the heat over to the cookware which has been placed on it for cooking.
There is a little bit of physics in all of it. But that’s not something you should be worried about. These Induction Cooktops heats up quickly and helps you to cook faster, that’s what you are sure to be glad about, isn’t it? The amazing thing about these cooktops is that they cool down after use as quickly as they heat up before cooking. Their efficiency is also worth mentioning.
Top 5 Best Portable Induction Cooktop
|Duxtop 8100MC 1800W Portable Induction Cooktop Countertop Burner, Gold||3,819 Reviews||$99.99 $49.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Gourmia GIC-100 Induction Cooktop, White||250 Reviews||$52.99 from $44.99||Buy on Amazon|
|NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop 1300 Watts||872 Reviews||$89.99 from $21.99||Buy on Amazon|
|KitchenPRO Portable Multifunction Induction Countertop Burner with Sensor Touch Control and Timer||44 Reviews||$69.99||Buy on Amazon|
|True Induction TI-2C Cooktop, Double Burner, Energy Efficient||160 Reviews||$279.99 $254.99||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2018-11-17 PST - Details
Benefits of Using an Induction Cooktop over our traditional Cooktops
These Induction cooktops are very much in use these days in most households. There is a reason why these cooktops have gained such a huge amount of popularity in so less time. This is one of the biggest and the most useful advancement in technology when we consider the kitchen in households in particular.
These induction cooktops are almost about to replace the conventional and the stove cooktops that we have been aware of all these years. This is because of a large number of benefits of these cooktops over the traditional ones. The benefits can be listed as below.
- These cooktops are safer to use, especially when there are kids running around in your house. There is hardly any chance of getting burnt or hurting them with this cooktop around.
- These cooktops are very light weight and are easy to move from one place to another. Thus you can change your basic kitchen arrangement as and when you want without worrying about heavy weighing stove tops or traditional cooktops.
- Unlike all traditional cooktops, these new induction cooktops heat up quickly. When the cooking is over, and the cookware is removed from the cooktop, the heat also dissipates soon. Avoiding all possible accidents.
- These are hassle-free and user-friendly. There are not many pipers or wires attached other than just one wire that connects it to the electrical source.
- It occupies very less space and is hence it can fit in anywhere, even if space is limited.
Best Induction Cooktop Reviews
1. DUXTOP 1800-watt Induction Cook Top
The main feature of this DUXTOP device that makes it so popular among homemakers is that it utilizes the standard power for working. In simple words, it makes use of just 120 volts and 15 amperes of electricity, which is the standard power generated in our household power supplies and sockets. This makes it very convenient for the user to plug in the cooktop anywhere in the house as per the requirement. The very light weight of the device also makes it simple and easy to carry around and store even in the tiniest of the places. That is one of the reasons why it came under our best induction cooktop reviews.
The Digital Control panel for the device has been designed such that it is very user-friendly and knows exactly the amount of heat each item might require. You need not worry about the cooking time as well. This is because the device enables an increase in the cooking time from 1 to 170 minutes with every 1-minute increment.
Along with the time, you can also adjust the temperature from 140 to 460 degrees Fahrenheit and power from 200 to 1800 watt. This DUXTOP cookware is that it gives a comparatively larger choice on the cookware.
The best thing about this Best Induction Cooktop is that it has an automatic sensor. This sensor detects the presence of any cookware on the cooktop, and in case there is no cookware, the cooktop shuts down automatically. This act does not just save power, but is very safe and protects you from such cooking accidents if you are somewhat careless.
For the best interest and safety of the users, the manufacturers have made the device such that it gives error messages on the digital display from time to time, in the case of low and high voltages. This cooktop is approved by ETL.
However, there are certain drawbacks of this product. The design of the device is not completely user-friendly, and some users have some serious issues with this device. The warranty for the device is one year, but in the case of any serious issues, there are very few service centers that can help you out with it immediately. This is a big problem for certain users.
Overall this DUXTOP Countertop 8100 MC burner is affordable and very convenient for the users all over the world. The light weight and the standard size make it even more suitable for the users at large.
2. Gourmia GIC-100 Portable and Multifunctional Induction Cook top burner
With the Gourmia GIC-100 Cooktop cooker, you will get more than you can ask for. This multifunctional cooktop can help you in boiling, deep frying, sautéing, simmering, BBQ, Slow Cooking and lot more. There are more than ten different functions of this device, for the best interest of the users.
This cooktop is durable and easy to clean, and the counter is non-sticky and glossy, giving it a wonderful overall finish. You can set the temperature and change it from 140 to 460 degrees Fahrenheit just by twisting a knob. The digital display is very clear and easy to understand.
The device by Gourmia is very energy efficient and saves a lot of energy. It can save as much as 90% energy compared to the conventional cooking systems. The automatic shut off of the device makes it very user-friendly.
The material of the cooktop has been made such that it heats up fast and conducts the heat to the cookware in use. When the cooktop is no longer in use, it dissipates the heat as quickly and saves the chances of accidents.
It is light weight and easy to move around if necessary, as a result, you need not have a kitchen corner blocked by this device. You can easily put it away when it is not in use, saving kitchen space. It is a simple cooktop with the most basic functions compared to other cooktops and the price paid for its services is also really minimal.
Overall this product has been proved to be very useful for the home-makers, but there are certain areas of improvement and correction for this cooktop as well. Firstly, the temperature at which it can work in is not as much as compared to other such Induction cooktops.
Secondly, the cookware used to need to be suitable for induction cooking. Otherwise, the whole device might get fired up within minutes. The after purchase services for the device is not so great. But on the other hand, the amazing service of the device if you are lucky is worth the money.
3. NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop
This lightweight, compact, and space-saving induction cooktop is perfect for anyone who has a tiny kitchen or no kitchen at all. If you’re living solo and have a tight space at home, you can easily place this on top of a counter and you can cook instantly in minutes. It also has a circular design that does away with unnecessary space, making it the ideal induction cooktop of choice for anyone who does quick and occasional cooking in a cramped space.
What’s great about the NuWave cooktop is despite being small and lightweight, it doesn’t lack in features. It’s called Precision Induction Cooktop for a reason – you can choose from up to 52 different temperatures between 100 degrees Fahrenheit to its maximum temperature of 575 degrees, adjustable in 10-degree increments. It also uses up to 70% less energy compared to electric gas stoves and conventional ranges, not only making it space-saving but energy-saving, too.
If you’re looking for a small, highly precise, and programmable induction cooktop, there’s no other choice in the market than the NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop.
4. True Induction S2F2 Cooktop, Double Burner
Excellent for families and even those who need cooktops for their RV, the True Induction Double Burner Cooktop is the top choice in the market. It’s 100% portable, doesn’t need any installation, and super easy to clean with its ceramic glass surface: just wipe off the surface with a damp towel and it’s squeaky clean in seconds.
Compared to single induction cooktops, this double burner allows you to cook two dishes at a time, or keep one dish warm as you cook your second dish. It does split the power in half when you use both burners, reducing the power but the fact that you can cook two dishes together makes it time-efficient, which is what you need if you’re cooking for more than two people.
Its safety features are also something to talk about. Once you remove a cookware, it automatically shuts off, making it perfect for families with small kids who are just too eager to try anything and everything under the sun. Once it reaches its maximum temperature of 450 degrees, it stays there, eliminating the risk of overheating, making it a genuinely safe burner to use for the family.
5. KitchePRO Portable Induction Cook Top with Touch Sensors
This cooktop has been listed as one of our Best Induction Cooktops available in the markets today. This cooktop can be used for some functions, namely, for heating, for frying, BBQ, boiling milk as well as boiling and heating water. The best thing about this kitchenPRO cooktop is that it can work between temperature ranges of 176 degrees to 536 degrees Fahrenheit.
The sensor and the digital display shows the functions that you are working on and not just that, it will also show the power that is being consumed. This way you can easily keep a tab on your electricity bills concerning the cooktop.
Another very thoughtful thing about this Cooktop is that it has inbuilt sensors that protect the gadget from overheating. The glass top is easy to clean and durable, and the cooktop as a whole is very user-friendly, convenient and saves a lot of energy taken altogether.
The built-in timer can set time from 1 – 180 minutes, making it suitable for the cook. This cooktop is very simple and easy to use. The price that has to be paid for this amazing kitchen gadget is also hardly anything compared to the versatile range of functions that it provides to the user. Overall this device makes cooking a quick affair and saves you a lot of time.
However there is always a flipside of the coin, this amazingly designed device also has a couple of flaws, or if we can put it in differently, some areas for improvement. This device, at a certain point of its life, shows an ‘E0 error’ on the digital display screen. This error is somewhat difficult to figure out, and if you are unlucky enough, you might even have to take the help of a professional to get you gadget right before it starts working normally for you.
Secondly, if you do not have a pan or a cookware of the right size, in comparison to the eye of the cooktop, your cookware might get burnt badly even though the cooked food remains perfect. This device has been opted by many users of late, and all of them are glad about the services more or less.
The Overview of Induction Cooktops
The new technology of these induction cooktops, cookers cum burners have proved to be useful and very wide spread in the present day scenario. In this fast movie world when we hardly have time to sit back and relax, fast cooking is very essential so that a little time can be saved as a result. These Induction cooktops help in that process.
There are some companies bringing out a range of cooktops, but we have brought to you the three best and most popular cooktops in the markets today, which are not just useful but also within your budget.
Overall these cooktops give a range of functions and are mostly multifunctional in their action. They are also small, lightweight and durable, making it very convenient for use. Thus they have been opted for time and again.
However, if you are very fussy about your cookwares and have made a set for your kitchen already, there is bad news for you. You have to replace all of them with the Induction friendly cookwares that are made of ferromagnetic and material and other similar material. But does that matter? When you get an amazingly useful, energy efficient, time saving and multifunctional device at a great price in turn? We think that is a good bargain altogether.
Top 10 Bestseller Induction Cooktops
- Duxtop induction cooktop uses 120 Volts, 15 amps of electricity - standard in all homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage
- Digital control panel. Built-in Count-down digital timer with 1 min increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 Degree Fahrenheit to 460 Degree Fahrenheit; 10 power levels from 200-1800Watts
- Requires induction compatible cookware. Compatible with duxtop and other induction ready cookware such as stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; equipped with diagnostic error message system, low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved
- Note: in order to use this and any other induction cooktops, you need to have the right kind of cookware
- 15 power levels from 200-1800Watts; 15 temperature range from 140 Degree Fahrenheit to 460 Degree Fahrenheit
- Digital control panel; Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage
- Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 min increments up to 170 minutes; The auto-pan detection; Equipped with diagnostic error message system, Low and high voltage warning system
- Compatible with Duxtop and other induction ready cookware such as cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards, 120V 60Hz AC; 2-year warranty; ETL approved
- Digital LCD Sensor-Touch Control Panel; Child Safety Lock system (press and hold the Safety Lock Key for 3 sec to activate), Fast Boil button & Keep Warm button.
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120 volts, 15 amps of electricity - standard in all homes; Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 10 hours; 20 temperature ranges from 100°F to 460°F; 20 power levels from 100-1800Watts; 5 ft cord.
- Compatible with Duxtop Whole-Clad premium cookware and other induction ready cookware such as cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected; Equipped with diagnostic error message system, Low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved and built to North American Standards. 2-year Manufacturer's warranty.
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction cooktop, you need to have the right kind of cookware. The "rule of thumb" to determine if your cookware is induction ready is; if a magnet sticks to the bottom of the cooking vessel, it is induction ready. Induction itself is a noiseless process; however there may be high pitched sounds from clad cookware, the base of which has multiple layers of metals sandwiched together.
- 5 Pre-Programmed Settings: Warm Milk, Soup, Stir Fry, Fry, Hot Pot
- Polished A-grade Crystal Plate Surface
- LED Large Screen Display, 4 digits
- 8 Temperature settings from 150 to 450 Degree : 150 Degree, 200 Degree, 250 Degree, 300 Degree, 350 Degree, 400 Degree, 425 Degree, 450 Degree
- Safety Compliance: ETL/FCC
- USER-FRIENDLY OPERATION: Simply turn the control dial to adjust the power level or temperature once the cooktop is powered on; there is no need to worry about inaccurate operation when your hands are greasy or wet; set to your desired power level whenever you like
- 9 POWER LEVELS: Quickly choose your desired power usage from 100 W to 1800 W; the highest setting of 1800 W can easily meet your various cooking requirements such as steaming, boiling, simmering, deep frying, searing and more
- 8 TEMPERATURE LEVELS & INTELLIGENT TIMER: Adjustable temperature ranges from 140 °F (60 °C) to 460 °F (238 °C); built-in timer, which ranges from 0 to 180 minutes, can be set to automatically have the appliance shut off
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY & UNIFORMLY HEATED AREA: Suitable for induction cookware with a diameter of 3.9-8.6 in (10-22 cm); 6.7 in (17 cm) cooking zone ensures a large and uniformly heated cooking area
- CHILD SAFETY LOCK & EASY CLEANING: Child safety lock for the ultimate in reliability; premium glass-ceramic plate makes it easy to clean; we provide a 90-day return policy and a 12-month warranty from the date of your purchase
- Induction technology for fast heat-up and consistent heat throughout cooking. Must use with induction-ready cookware
- Dual heat settings: 8 settings on the left burner, 5 settings on the right burner. Dimensions: LWH: 14.25" x 23.5" x 2.5"
- Individual 150-minute timers and ON/OFF switches for each burner
- Throws off less heat so kitchens stay cooler
- Heat turns off 30 seconds after pot or pan is removed.UC Cubic Feet: 1.38
- Polished A-grade Crystal Plate Surface; LED Large Screen Display, 4 digits; Built-in Digital 3-Hour Timer setting; Touch Control Panel
- 8 Power levels from 300 to 1800 Watts: 300w, 500w, 700w, 1000w, 1200w, 1400w, 1600w, 1800w
- 8 Temperature Settings from 150 to 450 °: 150 °, 200 °, 260 °, 300 °, 350 °, 400 °, 425 °, 450 °
- New plate top pattern design; Included 18-8 10" 3.5 Qt Stainless Steel Pot
- Cookware Suitability Detection, Overheating Protection function
- TWO HEATING ZONES: This Professional Digital Countertop Dual Induction Cooker by NutriChef is equipped with 2 Circular Top Panel Heating Zones with Independent Configurable Temperature Zone Setting & a Digital LCD Display Screen
- MULTIPLE COOKING MODE: Switch from one cooking mode to another w/ just one press. This has a manual cooking function with fry, steam, & water mode for easy cooking, & an automatic warm function which keeps the food warm for later serving
- LOCK FUNCTION: This product is also equipped with a Built in Child Safety Lock which locks all the operating buttons of the cooktop to protect the little ones from injuries such as scalding
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: This heavy duty 120v Electric Induction cooktop cooks food by using electromagnets so no heat is lost between the cooking surface & the pot which makes it highly energy-efficient & it also makes cooking a lot easier & faster
- COMPACT & VERSATILE: This double burner is compatible with steel, cast iron, enameled iron, stainless steel, flat bottom pan or pot w/ a diameter of 12 to 26 cm. Lightweight & compact, great for home / outdoor cooking & its easy to clean
- This Dual Induction Cooktop is ideal for big families or busy families who need to cook more food faster in less time.
- The Dual Induction Cooktop is fully covered with crystal plate: 1.No more Gaps around edges to clean. 2.No Plastic Edging- No more top damage from hot cookware.
- Sensor Touch Control--Markings on Cooktop will not fade
- More Different levels of heat--This Induction Cooktops offer 15 different levels of temperature to meet various cooking requirements(140-180-220-240-260-280-300-320-340-360-380-400-420-440-460℉)
- This Induction Cooktop comes with a magnet for you to test your cookware. If the magnet sticks to the cookware it can be used on the Induction cooktop. Please do not use any cookware that does not pass this test, as this will ruin your induction cooktop.
- 10 PRESET TEMPERATURE LEVELS: Adjustable temperature ranging from 140°F (60°C) to 464°F (238°C); sensitive touch buttons for enhanced usability
- 9 POWER LEVELS: Quickly choose your desired power from 200W to 1800W in 200W increments; 1800W power to meet your various cooking needs; simmer, deep fry, boil, sauté, sear, steam, slow cook and grill with ease
- WIDE APPLICATIONS & PORTABLE: The cooktop surface fits frying pans with a diameter of 5-10in; ensures a large and uniform heated area; compact and lightweight with a thickness of just 2.8 in for easy transport and storage; suitable for areas with limited space use
- LONG 3-HOUR TIMER & SAFETY LOCK: Press "+" or "-" button to set the timer in 1-minute increments (long press for 10 minutes); overheating protection, child lock and rounded edges for ultimate safety
- WEAR RESISTANCE & EASY MAINTENANCE: Premium glass surface ensures excellent wear resistance and easy cleaning after use; we provide a 30-day returns policy and a 12-month warranty from the date of your purchase
Last update on 2018-11-17 PST - Details
This review will guide you and help you choose the best induction cooktop from the range of cooktops available these days. So what are you waiting for? Make life simpler in the kitchen and get a cooktop within you budget soon.